Kitchen mold is common because it is one of the most used rooms in our homes. Mold can destroy wooden floors and window frames.
Where to Find Kitchen Mold
- Under the sink
- Around sink fixtures
- Near exhaust fan
- Kitchen cabinets
- Tile grout
- Kitchen ceiling
- Spaces underneath kitchens
Common Causes of Kitchen Mold
- Lingering moisture caused by lack of ventilation
- Leaky sinks
- Chronically wet flooring, wallpaper, grout and drywall
Preventing Kitchen Mold
- Clean garbage receptacles frequently.
- Clean refrigerator door seals and drip pans.
- Quickly repair plumbing leaks.
- Keep kitchen well ventilated.
- Use air conditioning during humid conditions.
- Use an exhaust fan when you’re cooking or washing dishes.
When to Call a Professional
- If mold has developed underneath kitchen flooring.
- If you have an area larger than 6 square feet contaminated with mold.
- If you see that mold has crept into walls or insulation.
When in doubt, call Granite Inspection Group at 845-635-2552 to schedule your Mold Inspection.