Bathroom mold is one of the most common places to find mold in a home. It’s also one of the easiest to prevent and cure if you haven’t let it go too far.
Where to Find Bathroom Mold
- Under sinks
- Around shower and bath fixtures
- Bathtub edges
- Near exhaust fans
- Tile grout
- Spaces underneath bathrooms
- Bathroom ceilings
Common Causes of Bathroom Mold
- Lingering moisture caused by lack of ventilation
- Leaky toilets, sinks, tubs
- Chronically wet wallpaper, grout, drywall, rugs
Preventing Bathroom Mold
- Use bathroom ventilation fan when you shower or bathe and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Scour sinks and tubs weekly to remove soap film that mold thrives on.
- Quickly repair plumbing leaks.
- Purchase a mildew-resistant shower curtain or wash shower curtains frequently.
- Wash bathroom rugs frequently and keep them away from places where they can get wet.
- Don’t put wet, damp clothes in the hamper.
When to Call a Professional
- If you have an area larger than 2 square feet contaminated with mold.
- If you see that mold has crept into walls or insulation.
- When in doubt, call Granite Inspection Group at 845-635-2552 to schedule your Mold Inspection.